This is a brief study I did over the weekend about hotels in three popular travel destinations in Vietnam namely Hanoi, Nha Trang, and Phu Quoc.
– Hanoi ranks first on the total hotel capacities, followed by Nha Trang, with Phu Quoc quite further behind.
– 2-to-3 star hotels dominate the market in Hanoi whereas 1-star and 4-to-5-star hotels present more in the other two regions.
– Hanoi hotels are more established and averaged higher review scores than Nha Trang and Phu Quoc. This may also indicate that Hanoi is more competitive.
– Most visitors come from Australia, US, Europe, and some from our neighbours (Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia)
6. Hotel size, locations, and ratings
Each solid circle corresponds to a hotel; its area is proportional to the capacity of the hotel, and the color is mapped to its review score.